#TeamRhino #SaveTheRhino #SaveFive

Raising Awareness to protect our #WildLife, Please take the pledge: I would like to join #TeamRhinodotorg in the fight against rhino poaching to ensure a future for people and vulnerable wildlife on our planet: I will never buy or promote any products made of rhino horn, as I know that demand drives poaching. I will be a committed advocate to support rangers and others on the frontlines of rhino conservation. I will share my passion about rhino conservation and recruit my friends and family to become involved. I will urge my government to continue championing efforts to stop rhino poaching at home and abroad. I will stand with IRF to help save rhinos from extinction. teamrhino.org

Monday, March 16, 2015

Women’s HerStory I’m FREE Females ReEntering EmPowering Each Other Founders


IMG_3884.JPG


March 16, 2015 Women’s HerStory Founders of I’M FREE Females ReEntering Empowering Each Other, two Strong and Caring Women, Dr. Renaya Furtick Wheelan and Ms. Petrena Young (who also has initials front her name) transform and support women in the justice system.imgres.jpg  welkome roisin.jpggretting.jpg


i met Dr. Renaya and Petrena from the addictive PHENND newsletter, where a volunteer request was made and i do what i can to assist my sisters with their work. IMG_3887.JPG


Dr. Renaya and Petrena are special for various reasons, i will share one or two special quality about each of these women. Dr. Renaya is dyslexia, i learned this while at a workshop with her in south philly. The women she was assisting with transformation bought out of her the fact that she was dyslexia. A healing moment for all in the room. Petrena is the glue that keeps I’m FREE alive, and her way of judging people changed as she got involved with girls and women in the justice system. (you can hear their story when i publish my documentary, if they don’t publish their books first, HINT HINT!!) Picture 500.jpg


i love and adore these women for they are doing the work to assist girls and women with court, incarceration, and transitioning home. Roisin a returning citizen and her mother were able to get connected to much needed resources, assistance with ban the box and other employment concerns. So much love and support is offered at I’M FREE and that’s what needed when working for citizens in the justice system!!


https://www.facebook.com/ImFREEonline


video by Petrena Young








No comments:

Post a Comment