#TeamRhino #SaveTheRhino #SaveFive

Raising Awareness to protect our #WildLife, Please take the pledge: I would like to join #TeamRhinodotorg in the fight against rhino poaching to ensure a future for people and vulnerable wildlife on our planet: I will never buy or promote any products made of rhino horn, as I know that demand drives poaching. I will be a committed advocate to support rangers and others on the frontlines of rhino conservation. I will share my passion about rhino conservation and recruit my friends and family to become involved. I will urge my government to continue championing efforts to stop rhino poaching at home and abroad. I will stand with IRF to help save rhinos from extinction. teamrhino.org

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Women’s HerStory Educator Ms. Yvette Mitchell



March 15, 2015 Women’s HerStory All Around Woman Ms. Yvette Mitchell a pillar in our city ready to retire yet still going for her granddaughter Aleasha Mitchell and our communities. i first met Ms. Mitchell at a meeting where she was organizing for Trayvon Martin’s family to come to Philadelphia and receive funds to assist with their legal fees.photo.jpg “It’s not so much about Trayvon Martin. It’s about all the Trayvon’s in Philadelphia and across the county,” says Yvette Mitchell, Chair of the Greater Philadelphia Caucus of the International Caucus of Women of the African Diaspora. http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/tag/yvette-mitchell/

A year or so later Ms. Yvette reached out to me to assist in documenting an initiative her and her granddaughter came up with to assist young females in building productive relationships by loving themselves first.DSCF1032.JPG Look for workshops and conferences from “A Conversation With Our Daughters”.aconversationGH.png

Ms. Yvette comes from the 1950s’ lifes meanings were different, values were different. The generational gap is what Ms. Yvette is filling. She is an educational instructor currently conducting workshops in women shelters.

No comments:

Post a Comment