#TeamRhino #SaveTheRhino #SaveFive

Raising Awareness to protect our #WildLife, Please take the pledge: I would like to join #TeamRhinodotorg in the fight against rhino poaching to ensure a future for people and vulnerable wildlife on our planet: I will never buy or promote any products made of rhino horn, as I know that demand drives poaching. I will be a committed advocate to support rangers and others on the frontlines of rhino conservation. I will share my passion about rhino conservation and recruit my friends and family to become involved. I will urge my government to continue championing efforts to stop rhino poaching at home and abroad. I will stand with IRF to help save rhinos from extinction. teamrhino.org

Monday, December 29, 2014

Discovering Facts That Uncover Police Misconduct Icebergs




Yes this post is personal for me, i scream and shout against Stop and Frisk, ICE, Police Misconduct of all forms and for Justice Reform TO PREVENT BECOMING A VICTIM. My first march against police misconduct was Father's Day, June 17th, 2012 the Children's Defense Fund-New York  joined George Gresham, President of 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East and the Children's Defense Fund national board member, Ben Jealous, President and CEO of the NAACP, Rev. Al Sharpton, Founder and President of the National Action Network, other advocates, elected officials, union leaders, and citizens to mount a silent march down Fifth Avenue to protest the New York City Police Department's harsh stop and frisk policy. George Gresham said: "Stop and frisk poses a real danger to our children and communities. The NYPD's stop and frisk policy has led to rampant racial profiling and the people of New York City must not stand for it. For the safety of all our children, we must speak out against this unjust policy. This is an issue for all people of color and all people of conscience." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marian-wright-edelman/time-to-stop-stop-and-fri_b_1546906.html?ref=crime&ir=Crime 




Yet my family have become victims of police brutality. My youngest son doesn't go out much any more after the shocking evening of December 8th 2014. My 21 year old son was approached by an officer, who asked him if he had a gun, my son said no (because he didn't have a gun) and started walking. He said the officer asked him again and that is when he became frightened and ran. He slipped and the officer caught him, radio into his unit that he "got em" then beat the life out of my boy, put him in Einstein hospital Intensive Care Unit on a Breathing Machine. I called Ms. Paula Peebles Pennsylvania, Chair of The National Action Network. "I can't believe I'm making this call, but the police put my son in Einstein Intensive Care Unit not a jail cell if they had reason." Mr. Matthew Smith Philadelphia NAN Vice President, was at the hospital before me.




So now the police brutality has hit home and i too am in shock and wondering what type of people take an oath to serve and protect, yet totally disregards all lives as humans that matter. How did the us against them mentality become our reality. i learn from retired police Capt. Ray Lewis, "One of the aspects of a personality is a degree of sensitivity and compassion," he said. "Unfortunately, they do not hire those people that score high on sensitivity. They reject them believing those people will quit because they can't handle the blood and guts on the street. They view that as wasted training money. "What they don't realize is that hiring the insensitive individual is going to result in brutality cases, and when those cases go to court, that's where they lose millions," Lewis said. "It's pennywise and pound foolish."http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Ex-











December 29th 2014, i'm at the liberty bell waiting for several scheduled interviews to show. They didn't but i was able to snap some photos and join a rally demanding justice for Brandon Tate Brown. Learned from Ms. Brown that the police can create laws that protect their mentality oops i mean their actions. WHAT PAUSE PUMP DA BRAKES are you telling me the police have order above the call of duty to serve and protect all.




How is justice reform ? What does Justice Reform look like ? I hear demands, now how do we change the laws and what would we like for the laws to say? 

As much as i scream and shout on this issue, we do not want to publicly speak much about how my family cringe when we see the police. my heart beats fast and thoughts of them over powering and beating us runs through our minds. Horrible nightmare we are living in low income, poorly educated and economically disadvantage communities. Where is The Liberty?









No comments:

Post a Comment