#TeamRhino #SaveTheRhino #SaveFive

Raising Awareness to protect our #WildLife, Please take the pledge: I would like to join #TeamRhinodotorg in the fight against rhino poaching to ensure a future for people and vulnerable wildlife on our planet: I will never buy or promote any products made of rhino horn, as I know that demand drives poaching. I will be a committed advocate to support rangers and others on the frontlines of rhino conservation. I will share my passion about rhino conservation and recruit my friends and family to become involved. I will urge my government to continue championing efforts to stop rhino poaching at home and abroad. I will stand with IRF to help save rhinos from extinction. teamrhino.org

Friday, June 24, 2016

Community Garden Day in Blackberry Mansion 2016


I love what is going on in Strawberry i mean Blackberry Mansion, espeically the healing going on in our community garden. Healing is a process, getting to know who we can count on is key!! Partnerships between East Park Revitalization Alliance​, Pennsylvania Horticultural, Society​ Strawberry Mansion Community Development Corporation,​ Strawberry Mansion High School​ and the community have been stable and fruitful. At the gardens for the past four years we meet every tuesday from 3-7pm and discuss what we would like to grow in our beds. Our garden community changes from year to year because our residents move or no longer want to garden. Outside of those changes our routine is consistent. We are getting to know one another on tuesdays' and these connections grow into extended family. The best part is that learning to care for our gardens also allow us to care for each other.


The gardens are vital because my family no longer have to eat canned vegetables.We have access to fresh organic food!! We are eating with our health in mind when learning of the benefits of the food for our families and flowers for pollinators that we grow. We are growing intergenerational all at the same time. There are experienced farmers, gardeners as well as novice like my family. I love how we come together, learn and support each other. We are growing Blackberry Mansion into a community planted with understanding for differences and the abilty to grow with respect for our differences. Much like our vegetables need their space and care plans!!








No comments:

Post a Comment