#TeamRhino #SaveTheRhino #SaveFive

Raising Awareness to protect our #WildLife, Please take the pledge: I would like to join #TeamRhinodotorg in the fight against rhino poaching to ensure a future for people and vulnerable wildlife on our planet: I will never buy or promote any products made of rhino horn, as I know that demand drives poaching. I will be a committed advocate to support rangers and others on the frontlines of rhino conservation. I will share my passion about rhino conservation and recruit my friends and family to become involved. I will urge my government to continue championing efforts to stop rhino poaching at home and abroad. I will stand with IRF to help save rhinos from extinction. teamrhino.org

Sunday, January 3, 2016

When Will The African American Community Stand Together?

Read a post asking us to stand by Mr. Bill Cosby simply because he is a black man. My response: i want to support him, but have a challenging time doing so. for he talked about using Spanish fly on t.v. so I'm sure he has raped several of those women because of the Spanish fly culture that was promoted during his rise in stardom. i don't like the way white media constantly talks about his case and not the catholic priest who moved child pedophiles from school to school.
"After 12 days of deliberations, a Common Pleas Court jury found that Lynn allowed the Rev. Edward V. Avery, who had a history of sexually abusing children, to live in a Northeast Philadelphia rectory, where he later assaulted a 10-year-old altar boy. Avery pleaded guilty in the 1999 attack and is serving five years in prison."http://articles.philly.com/.../61693800_1_house-arrest...


Crazy i was wondering when, who and if we should stand by those in the African American community when accused and or found guilty of crimes against our communities and society. Exploring the African American woman and why some of us don't support one another when the question of who and when to support popped into my mind. The question popped in my mind because i have been video documenting the African American communities and learning that what we have in common is that we come from different parts of Africa and was born in different parts of The United States of America. Documenting women for the "Changing Attitudes Towards Women" campaign that i created in March 2015 i began to see the various icebergs that make up the African American woman. i plan to focus on these icebergs to help bring light to some of the support struggle in our communities.






I support my people without judgement. I also hold my people accountable. For example i attend African American cultural events to support our culture and past on our history. I'm known for my anti-charter school stand, i see charter schools as genocide on poorly resourced communities. Sad but true, those who believe they are the authority with pasting on the African American culture are also big charter school supporters. So when i attend these events the room or air often goes stiff because I'm judged by my advocacy. I don't judge those who support charter schools and have invited them to some of my recordings to give them voice also. I'm not a religious person but volunteered four days for the World Meeting of Families Pope Francis visit. I'm able to see past our differences and work with those the catholic church, and charter school supporters on other concerns in our communities but they can't do the same towards me.

Bottom line, finding common ground depends on how mature we are and how strong our desire to come together is. How do our actions affect others? I understand that my complexion is a barrier caused by Willie Lynch. Because of my complexion i have learned when to stand firm and when to fall back. I don't expect everyone to understand my position but i know when and when not to take position. i will not give up on the African American Community i really appreciate our diversity!!


No comments:

Post a Comment