#TeamRhino #SaveTheRhino #SaveFive

Raising Awareness to protect our #WildLife, Please take the pledge: I would like to join #TeamRhinodotorg in the fight against rhino poaching to ensure a future for people and vulnerable wildlife on our planet: I will never buy or promote any products made of rhino horn, as I know that demand drives poaching. I will be a committed advocate to support rangers and others on the frontlines of rhino conservation. I will share my passion about rhino conservation and recruit my friends and family to become involved. I will urge my government to continue championing efforts to stop rhino poaching at home and abroad. I will stand with IRF to help save rhinos from extinction. teamrhino.org

Thursday, January 14, 2016

"The She Book" Donating to The Fight against Human Trafficking by Michelle Myers



http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/michelle-myers/the-she-book-volume-1/
paperback/product-14455629.html
Michelle Myers, co-founder of the Philadelphia spoken word duo Yellow Rage and co-host of Asian Arts Initiative’s Family Style Open Mic series, wrote The She Book to celebrate how women’s powerful voices can build communities.
Born in South Korea and now living in South Jersey, Myers explores personal experiences from her life, as well as an array of political situations and mythical images, through poetry. Audience members should expect storytelling, spoken word poetry and song in Myers’ performance, which is dedicated to honoring the whole-self identity of women.
“It’s about celebrating the strength and beauty of women, especially in their most vulnerable moments,” said Myers, whose children created the book’s cover.
One poem in The She Book, “She Home-Bound,” explores immigration and otherness:
But this place could not be the
land in which She was born for
restless feet had carried her from post-war
Korea, fatherless and therefore nameless,
a might-as-well-have-never-been-born existence,
on child-sized feet that bore witness to
moving spaces to which She had
no connection.
In giving shape and life to these vibrant stories, Myers hopes to build a community united in the restorative energy of love, acceptance and personal power. All proceeds from the book will be donated to aid anti-trafficking efforts and community building in Haiti and Cambodia. 
http://asianartsinitiative.org/press-releases/philadelphia-poet-and-storyteller-michelle-myers-kicks-off-book-tour-for-the-she-book-at-asian-arts-initiative-march-22
                                                                                During One Book Philadelphia Michelle and Catize aka "Yellow Rage" allowed me to host "A write Your Block Session" where i was able to meet Kit Yan a proud Femme and hear their stories of being them and not what society wants them to be.
I Am


I'm A Women Not A Flavor


Listen Asshole



Human Trafficking Has To Stop






"I just needed somebody to talk to, somebody who coulda helped me find another way. I never heard of any other options, or I wouldn’t be here. Kids like me, we don’t know nothin’ but the streets. We need to know there’s something else out there – but we just don’t. – A CHILD SEX TRAFFICKING SURVIVOR

We must center the voices and experiences of youth in 
‪#‎sextrafficking‬ policy. ‪#‎SB851‬ ‪#‎SafeHarbor‬, not only cops but those public defenders and interviewers for the public defenders
http://nywf.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/NYWF_Sex-Trafficking-of-Minors.pdf











No comments:

Post a Comment