#TeamRhino #SaveTheRhino #SaveFive

Raising Awareness to protect our #WildLife, Please take the pledge: I would like to join #TeamRhinodotorg in the fight against rhino poaching to ensure a future for people and vulnerable wildlife on our planet: I will never buy or promote any products made of rhino horn, as I know that demand drives poaching. I will be a committed advocate to support rangers and others on the frontlines of rhino conservation. I will share my passion about rhino conservation and recruit my friends and family to become involved. I will urge my government to continue championing efforts to stop rhino poaching at home and abroad. I will stand with IRF to help save rhinos from extinction. teamrhino.org

Sunday, October 5, 2014

September Community and Networking Events with I'm FREE


set up1.jpgvolunteer sign up community event1.jpgwomen1.jpg
September 6, 2014 I’m FREE Females Reentering Empowering Each Other, joined Connection Training annual community event in the park on Hunting Ave. Great opportunity to meet women returning home from Muncy and other facilities. We sold one “Salvage Not Ravage”  t-shirt to Brother LuQman Abdullah and thanked him for his support. LuQman and Mr. Kelly Rascoe from Gaudenzia expressed interest in working with.
smd cdc1.jpgdclarke1.jpgbutterflies pic smd1.jpgdarla1.jpgsabrina1.jpgme and ayir1.jpgdrill team stepping in the rain1.jpghistoric place marker1.jpg

Saturday, September 13th was “Strawberry Mansion Day” and I was having a great time talking to the women who visited our table and shared their butterfly moments with us. The rain came pouring down so we continued “Strawberry Mansion Day” on the 14th!! The rain did not stop the drill teams from performing and I was impressed with how they continued with the show.

imfreevilla1.jpg

Monday, September 15, we were able to attend Philly Peace Day 2014 Conflict Resolution workshop with  Villanova Center for Peace and Justice Education directed by Mrs. Kathryn Getek Soltis. We learned that meditating is not an easy task. Have to understand what is at stake and learn to negotiate for the best possible outcome. I have never met an organization like Villanova, to me they are the Humanitarians of our world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment