#TeamRhino #SaveTheRhino #SaveFive

Raising Awareness to protect our #WildLife, Please take the pledge: I would like to join #TeamRhinodotorg in the fight against rhino poaching to ensure a future for people and vulnerable wildlife on our planet: I will never buy or promote any products made of rhino horn, as I know that demand drives poaching. I will be a committed advocate to support rangers and others on the frontlines of rhino conservation. I will share my passion about rhino conservation and recruit my friends and family to become involved. I will urge my government to continue championing efforts to stop rhino poaching at home and abroad. I will stand with IRF to help save rhinos from extinction. teamrhino.org

Monday, December 14, 2015

What Is Going On At The Philadelphia High School For Girls?


Preparing for "Breaking The Silence" A Philadelphia Town Hall on Girls and Women of Color, i learned more disturbing facts about my alma mater The Philadelphia High School For Girls. i say that i learned more because in November 2012 i had reached out to the school to address concerns of domestic violence i had witnessed with some of my little sisters. i was working as a tax preparer for Liberty Tax Services at the checking place located at Broad & Olney Ave. when my little sisters would come into the location and get beaten by boys hanging in the check cashing location. My little sisters would laugh as if the treatment they were going through was acceptable. i reached out to them in front of the boys and informed them all that, that behavior is considered domestic violence and should not be tolerated.

i tried to connect with the principal but she would not respond. i contacted Women Against Abuse and addressed my concerns with them. They told me that the host classes that educate girls and boys about domestic violence. i reached out to Girls High again to inform them about the domestic violence prevention classes offered at Women Against Abuse and was not received well.


December 12, 2015 i learned that my sister was expelled from the Philadelphia High School For Girls because of her sexuality. I have not loaded the video of her speaking out at "Breaking The Silence" as of yet. Please check this blog or my youtube in about a week to view her speaking out against this abuse. She should sue the school for the abuse and stress they have caused her.

Hiding from the truth seems to be the way at GHS. If you are not aiming for the bougie black status then you are not welcomed by some of the black women who graduated from GHS. i remember the bougies when i attended and how they would talk about me because they didn't understand me nor tried to get to know me.

We can do better than what is currently going on at girls' high. It is our duty to do better!!

This is another sister of mine, earlier this year speaking about what she went through at GHS. Will post more video soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment